1. Participate in Project 52 -- I actually amended this goal to a Project 366 -- I am still on track but I am a bit slow posting and uploading my photos. You can also follow along on my Flickr page.
2. Lose 5 lbs -- I have met and exceeded this goal and I have exceeded my goal weight! I actually weigh less now than I did when I got married 7+ years ago! My goal now is to not really focus on losing weight anymore...but now I am going to start focusing on building muscle and tone and reducing my body fat percentage...But enough of this talk, I am planning a separate post on this altogether, so stay tuned!
3. Run a 10K - I conquered this on June 21, 2012 -- may that day go down in history in case I don't repeat it, LOL! So exciting! I completed it in 1:06:02 -- which was an average pace of 10:37/mi. That's a bit slower than my normal pace, but I set off slow to make sure I had enough energy to complete it. Since then, I have run 7-8K on several runs without issue. I do have to run slower than my normal 10 min or less/mile pace. I find I like to alternate running for speed versus running for distance to keep my body guessing. Running is definitely becoming a big part of my life now -- I never thought I'd say that I actually enjoy it, but I do! I look forward to getting out and running. I try to run 4-5 times a week -- I like to rest between long runs and alternate with strength training...but I try to never skip running two days in a row if possible. So far this year, Laura (my awesome running partner) and I have run one 5K -- we finished in 31 minutes which was FOUR minutes faster than our 5K time last year. Our goal is to complete a 5K in under 30 mins...so we'll see if we can conquer that one too!
4. Finish painting the rest of the house -
I got the living room, family room and dining room finished. I want to put a fresh coat of paint in the hallway and downstairs bathroom...but the majority of the house is finished! Wahoo! Oh yeah, let's not forget the TWO STORY FOYER and STAIRWELL. Ick. not to mention the wallpaper that needs to be stripped. DOUBLE ICK.
5. Save more money -- we've worked hard on this aspect and have had some minor success. It's hard to save money when you are fixing things up or living in a house for the first year -- you just seem to find things you need to fix or replace all the time. With that said, we have made some cuts here and there to save for things. We are also in the process of refinancing (yes..I know..so soon, right?) because we can lock in at a 3.75% rate with no closing costs. You can't beat that! :)
6. Go green with ALL (or almost all) my household cleaners
So far I am using homemade laundry detergent, homemade fabric softener, homemade granite and counter spray (and sometimes Method or Seventh Generation), homemade dishwasher detergent and I am making some homemade glass cleaner this weekend. All in all, I do like the homemade cleaners witch the exception of dishwasher detergent -- it just doesn't seem to do the job right. It was hard adjusting to the homemade laundry detergent because you definitely don't get the fragrance or suds you do from Tide -- but sudsing doesn't necessary mean cleaner
7. Be more present in the moment -- I have to say, I worked really hard on this and felt I made some improvements and then my husband went and got me a new personal assistant for my birthday (hello, Siri) and I am finding myself slipping back into my old ways....need to re-focus on this one, I think!
8. Take a class or learn something new - I need to also get cracking on this one! Going through this list is a good reminder!
9. Plant a Garden
We planted a small garden alongside the back of the house -- I would still like a larger one on the south side of the house or some raised beds, but not sure that will be happening this year....
10. Show the people in my life who are important to me JUST how important they are to me -- I try to tell the people in my life how important they are, but this is a good reminder to also show them in my actions -- I will continue to work on improving in this area.
11. Get caught up on all the photos/photo books, etc that I am behind on -- I made some progress and now I am just procrastinating. I hate doing this job in the summer -- it would be easier if we were to just get a rainy day --- but no rain here in a LONG time!
12. Do something for ME at least once a month
This one is definitely a top prioirty! And, I have to say -- running 4-5 times a week IS something for ME. But the massages are pretty nice too. :)