Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sock Monkey Love

Because I know some of you read just to get your lil Max fix, I have decided to interrupt the Paris chapters with this small story.

Max was gifted this beautiful sock monkey by my mommy friend, Emily. For months, it sat on top of his dresser, watching over him while he slept.

For months, Max wanted little to do with any stuffed animal other than his 'pup pup', a small golden retriever stuffed animal that he kept in his crib with him.

On Thursday, he randomly started pointing urgently towards the monkey saying "nnkey nnkey". So, big Max took the monkey down, and lil Max started huggin on it something fierce -- like the sock monkey was his long lost friend or something.

Weird.

And since then, he's insisted that we take it with us everywhere.

I think he's in love.

Photobucket
Hello, monkey.

Photobucket
I love you.

Photobucket
You taste good.

Photobucket
I like to snuggle with you and dada.

Photobucket
You make me smile!

Photobucket
You are my new best friend.
PS: Sorry some of the pictures are blurry. Somebody doesn't understand the fine art of standing still to have their picture taken yet...

6 comments:

Laura said...

So cute! I like the boys Hawaiian (sp?)Shirts.

Whitney said...

awww, nice matching shirts!
looks like lil' max is attached! we LOVE our blue blanket over here...it's a definite necessity

Amelia said...

awwwwww, that's the cutest thing ever.

p.s. I'm loving Paris

mel said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever. His expression as he looks at his new buddy - so precious.

Melanie said...

OK, I LOVE that he loves his monkey so much. Sounds like it's time to get the frog out again and see if Nolan loves it that much. :)

Emily S. said...

I am deeply honored!!! Love the smiling pic in his carseat!!!