Friday, March 19, 2010

Big Boy Bed

We transitioned Max from his toddler bed to a big boy bed last weekend.  He was very excited about dis-assembling his crib (to move it to baby brother's room) and then assembling his new bed.  He is also very excited that he can climb in and out of it freely.  LOL.

Luckily, with DST time change, we haven't had to deal with any early wake ups or surprise visits in our bedroom.  We've even been kinda lax about putting the gate up in his doorway.

His bedroom is going through a re-arranging process while many of the pieces of furniture in his room are moving into the new nursery.  Luckily, he is a good sharer, and he doesn't mind us moving it.  So far, we've moved the crib and the glider into the nursery. The last piece to move will be the dresser/changing table.  We'll have to get a new dresser to replace the one we're moving -- but that won't be a big deal. 

Max is very excited about getting a 'big boy' room.  We're super excited that he's taking it as well as he is!!  Just goes to show that these kids are much more resilient and versatile than we often give them credit for.  I know for me, personally, I worry too much about how he's going to react to something -- because there is often little to no reaction to it!  Instead, he chooses to react to something that I would never in a million years have guessed would be an issue!  I guess this is just a life lesson I'll be learning for years to come...

 Once the rest of the room is finished, we'll snap more pics so you can have more of a 360 view.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Yeah for Max and his big boy room!

Melanie said...

Oh man! I can't believe he's growing up so much! But his bed is awesome. I'm sure he loves it.

Laura said...

I love your big boy bed Max!! You are growing up so fast!

Amelia said...

oooo, I love that bed. I'm guessing it's some kind of family heirloom or an amazing garage sale find and not something I'd be able to purchase somewhere. Love the turtle on the wall, too :)