Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Heat Wave

We've been having some unseasonably high temps over the past few days here in WI.  It was almost 60 on Friday and we thought today was going to turn out similarly.  But, the wind had us foiled.  We braved it anyways to get some outdoor time in.  Little Max had to pedal up and down the driveway once on his big wheel before I would even consider letting him go back inside (the child just gives up too easily!).  He did it, but then I managed to keep him outside a bit longer going on a 'treasure hunt' around the yard.  We found some pretty interesting things...

But first, I have to include this sweet picture of Sam.  It is one of the photos I am using for my Project 366, so you'll see it again during that post.  But, I had to post it again here because I just think he is too cute for words here.  Look at those eyes!  Those lips!  This child is going to be a heart breaker in his own way!  And that basketball that he is clutching for dear life?  He is O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D with it.  Like, he would sleep with it if we let him.  EVERY time we go into the garage he tries to get it.  He is always calling out 'baskeeetball!!  MOM!  BASkeeetBALL!"  LOL.  I can't imagine with the height genes we gave him that he is going to be future baskEETball star...but you never know...


Sam and daddy stayed on the black top and shot a few hoops while Max and I adventured.  First we decided to collect sticks and store them in the play house in case we later needed to make a fire to warm up.


After that, we spied some berries on the juniper bush and decided to pick some in case we needed food later...



***of course I explained to him that we don't EAT juniper berries...this was just pretend***

Then, Max spied a WOLF print!!  We looked around for others, but this was the only one... 


We made it around to the front of the house, and I took this picture just for the heck of it.  I can't wait to replace this front door.


Mason was waiting for us in the front yard, and we thought our shadows looked pretty cool so we decided to take a picture.


Mason asked me to take another picture because he is really proud of his doggie bandanna that he got at the groomers last week.


Back up front, we spied Sam and Daddy from a distance and took an undercover picture of them playing.  Sam looks like he can ALMOST make it! 


1 comment:

mel said...

I love this visit to your afternoon outside. And that Sammers IS scrumptious.