Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 18

I am sitting here trying to actually believe that I have a FIVE year old under my roof.  Whaa?  When the heck did that happen????  

So much has happened in the past five years -- and yet it feels like it is not possible that five years have passed since that eventful 2.5 hrs of my life...

And now we have a little boy who is turning 5 going on 15.  He loves outerspace and rocket ships -- he knows all the planets by name and wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.

He's starting to read sight words well and I am finding him with his nose in a book more and more lately.  He also loves doing math ('plusing' as he calls it) and he likes it when I make the equations really difficult -- more than 2 numbers at a time and really big numbers.

He's been very polite as of late and I am hearing tons of pleases and thank yous and lots of  'Yes Mom' which really makes me happy!

We had our first Parent/Teacher conference last night and it was a good confirmation of what we know already about this stellar little man.  He is well-advanced academically (needs to be challenged more), plays well with other kids, needs to be constantly moving, and needs to work a little better on his listening (especially when he gets excited).  He was one of the few kids in his class that could not only identify and write all his letters, but also make the appropriate noises/sounds that they make.  He can draw all his shapes really well -- has a great differentiation between his squares and rectangles even.  We couldn't be prouder of our little man -- and it is a reminder to us that we can continue to work with him and challenge him at home (only while it's fun though, of course).




I can't believe he is 5.  This morning when he put on some of his new 5T clothes I said to him "Oh Max!  You are getting so big! I can't believe you are wearing size 5 clothes already!  I am so sad!!"  And he responded "Don't worry Mom, even though I am getting bigger, I will always love you and hug you and kiss you.  I'll always be your baby."  

You are right little man, you are right.  And you are wise beyond your years already.  LOVE YOU.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the pictures of Max through the years. It has been so fun to watch him change and grow. He is such an amazing boy :)

Emily said...

so sweet :)