Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Max - 33 months

I thought it might be fun to do a review Max at 9 months, 21 months and 33 months in honor of his month-aversary!  Can you believe that in 3 months he will be 3 FREAKIN YEARS OLD?  Where has the time gone?

I don't even know what to say about milestones.  In my opinion, he's a genius...but I do realize that I am somewhat biased.  :)  Seriously though, I am considering petitioning to see if he can skip a grade -- WI dictates that you have to be the age for your class before Sept 30 -- which means he will miss the cut off by a month and a half -- and be one of the oldest in his class.  If he's anything like mom, that will mean less challenge in the classroom.  Big Max and I are ok challenging him at home in addition to school (as we SHOULD be doing as PARENTS), but I just vividly remember being so BORED and going up a grade for things like reading...and how uncomfortable that felt.  So, I think I'd rather pursue seeing if he could just start out ahead.  We shall see.

Numbers: 1-20
ABCs - can identify all, spell 'max, mom, dad and sam' -- especially fond of X's and O's....no pun intended!
Colors - knows them all
Shapes -- probably knows more than I do!
Days of the week -- we are working on this.  He knows them all by name, but not always in the right order.
Animals - his favorite right now might be the crocodile, or a turtle, or a bonobo.  It changes daily.  I am making sure that he knows the difference between a monkey and an ape.  :)
Potty-training - we are SO close.  I know it feels like I've been saying that for awhile, but he's gone the last few days dry at daycare.  Today after school he kept telling me when he needed to use the potty (instead of me pestering him repeatedly).  I'm thinking one of these days it is just going to 'click' and we won't have to look back (just like walking).

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting.  This kid seriously just cracks me up.  The stories he comes up with are insane!  Today on the way home from school he told me that he wants to take a rocket to the moon.  So, I told him that if he wanted to do that, he needed to be really smart.  So you can see the wheels in his head spinning as he processes this and he says "But mom, I AM smart.  See? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!  I can count to 10.  I AM smart.  Let's take a rocket to the moon now."  LOL



Max 9 months



Max 21 months


Max 33 months

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Again, love love love!

33 x infinity.

oceansunfish said...

Aha! Your comment about monkeys vs apes made me laugh b/c my pet peeve is seals vs sea lions! Every single freakin' kids toy/book/whatever depicts a sea LION as a seal (though some species of sea lions are called seals...but not where they are most prominent...in California!!) Funny. We are such dorks!

Anna said...

Allie is the same on the days of the week but I think she messes them up on purpose sometimes because she knows that fun things happen on Saturday.

And yes, he is a genius. Not biased at all!

mel said...

Takes a smart mama to make a smart kid... dang lucky kid! (and cuuuuuute, too!)

Whitney said...

smartypants!