a resolve or firm determination to do something.
This year, I want to make my New Year's Resolution(s) something more of a set of goals, a "thirty before thirty" type of list...although I am past 30 now, and thirty things would seem like an awful lot to keep track of anyways....
So, with it being 2011, I figured I would pick 11 "resolutions". It was not an easy thing to do -- I can't imagine having to pick more!! You can follow along and keep track of me in the side bar to see how I do, I will be crossing off my resolutions as I accomplish them!
1. Lose those last pesky 10 lbs. -- I am back to less than my pre-pregnancy weight with Sam, but I'd like to lose the last pesky 10 lbs that seem to be holding on to my body and firm up a bit. I know when you are breast-feeding your body holds on to some fat reserves, so that may well be the culprit...
2. Run a full 5K race -- the last one I did I had to walk a small portion of it. I'd like to do another 5K race and actually run the whole thing -- regardless of how fast or slow I go. I would also like to continue running 5Ks after that initial race...instead of finding out I am pregnant! LOL. It was a very welcome pregnancy, but it put my running on hold for awhile....
3. Move-- more on this one later :)
4. Re-learn how to sew -- I might need to upgrade my sewing machine to properly accomplish this one...but I used to know how to sew, and my mother sure tried to teach me many a time....
5. Relearn how to knit -- I learned from my good friend Jenni before little Max came along, and I have forgotten how to do it since.
6. Re-do the blog -- make it a little more funky and fun -- no more explanation neeeded.
7. Teach little Max to read - this goal might be a bit lofty, but my mom says I was reading by the time I was three, so I figure I can't be TOO off base. Little Max can already identify all his letters and numbers. He can spell his name, Mom, Dad, Dog, Cat, etc. He can even pick out his name on a picture from a wall full of pictures with other names on it. So, I figure that is already reading to some degree...
8. Make at least one homemade/handmade crafty a month -- I have so many ideas that I have a binder started. I need to whittle away at that binder and start making some magic!
9. Blog at least once a week -- I've been pretty good about this in the past, but with far-away family watching the blog to see how the boys are doing, I need to be better about updating it more frequently...and not just with stuff about the boys -- I want to update it with more stuff about LIFE.
10. Purge the house one room at a time -- one room each month. (and STOP buying new stuff to replace what I've purged just *because* it is 'on sale')
11. **Breathe** -- this goal/resolution is dual-purpose. It is also my Word of the Year. My word last year was **appreciate**. I think I did a pretty good job sticking with it throughout the year. I definitely had my challenges -- but that's the whole idea of picking a word, isn't it? So you are aware and thoughtful about your everyday choices, right?
Anyways -- this year I am doing something a little different from what I did last year in regards to resolutions. And that's OK. It's always good to try doing something a different way once in awhile.