Thursday, October 27, 2011

The New Digs Part 4: The Master Bedroom Suite

After climbing the stairs to the second level of our home, the Master Suite greets you almost immediately.  This is the room I probably put the most thought into of all the rooms thus far....helped out by my Pinterest board and several other ideas I found on the internets...

The walls were painted in Amazing Gray by Sherwin Williams -- I was going for a 'mourning dove gray' and this one hit the nail on the head.  It is a light brown gray, and I am in LOVE with it.  I especially love it on warm sunny days (like the one when I took these photos).


The duvet is from West Elm (the color was a little different than I was anticipating, but for the price that I got it, I am cool with even calling it my 'back up duvet' if/when I ever find a substitute).  The bedskirt is from Target.  The fabric I used for the headboard squares is also from West Elm -- I purchased some Euro Shams that I decided not to use, so I just cut them up and used the fabric for the headboard.  If you don't remember the big headboard remodel, you have to check it out.  See those lamps?  Yeah.  We'll talk about those later...

The windows are currently covered with greenish teal aluminum blinds.  They are functional for now, but I have an idea to transform them using THIS FABRIC.  I can't wait!


Here's another view of the bedroom from a different angle so you can grasp just how ginormous this room is.  Seriously, it runs the ENTIRE WIDTH of our house.  I am LOVING the space...I just don't have enough furniture to fill it!! (I can remedy that one pretty easily, however).


Those darn lamps again!  I plan to use the same FABRIC as I will for the roman shades and re-cover them.  I found them at Marshall's for $10/each!  You can't buy a lamp shade alone for that price!  I am debating whether or not to leave them the color they are, or to spray paint them a light teal.   You can really see the color in the duvet in that above picture.  They marketed it as a Dandelion duvet...I think that is more 'split pea soup' personally....

I also think something like THIS would look really nice in that empty corner...


The bedroom opens up to a large closet/dressing/vanity area.  Gotta love the half wall with the stripper poles too.  Bummer they are only half-poles...  Our plan is to bump the master bathroom out to the edge of that half wall, and then on the other side, gut down to the studs and put in a large walk-in master closet (with his and hers sides...or is that hers and hers sides??)...

edited to add:  to the right of the half wall and half-poles is the master bathroom.  To the left is the closet area.


Here is the Master Bathroom....not much master to it.  It is about as small as our last master bathroom, so at least we are used to the close quarters.  It also has a blue sink and toliet...we had that in our old house as well...I thought we were escaping the blue bathroom fixtures....I guess not.  There is a shower stall behind the door that is just white porcelain tile (thank GOD it is not blue also).


I have to say that the floor in here is pretty cool.  I think it is lineoleum and not actually tile.  It would've been neat to try to incorporate/save it when we remodel, but I don't think that will be possible...


Here's another view of the closet/dressing area/vanity.  I should go buy myself a paisley stool and set up all my makeup and do my hair here every morning, don't you think?  HA!  That's IF I even DID my hair....


This room is so great.  I am in love with it!!  It is an awesome size and I really love the new color.  I can't wait to fill it with more exciting stuff!  So, there you  have it -- my brain dump on the Master Bedroom.  If you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!  We still have 3 more bedrooms and one more  bathroom to go.  I'll spare you the basement since there is nothing there right now except for boxes...

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

the spindles on the 1/2 wall - what are they for? Do they lead to something?

Love the headboard panels! Awesome job stef!

Stefanie said...

Valerie -- they are just decorative. To the right of that wall is the master bathroom and the left is the closet area.

Thanks!

Emily said...

LOVE that room!!!! What a lucky lady you are with such a peaceful, restful space!