Thursday, December 22, 2011

Being Three - A Lost Post

I have no idea if the post below ever actually got posted or not, but I was going through my posts and found this one in the draft folder....what a sweet flashback to have right before the holidays -- and after the recent FOURTH birthday of this little man...

I need to post some new 'Maxisms' that equal the ones below...because goodness knows that we here quite a few of them on a daily basis. 

I'll be back later in the week to update with his 4 year stats and info.  It's much too hectic with the holidays right now for me to think in full complete sentences.  So, in the meantime, enjoy!  :)

Max at 3 yrs old.

This year, on Thanksgiving morning, we were all snuggled in the family bed waking up slowly (well, all of us except little Max who doesn't do ANYTHING slowly), and I asked the question 'what are you thankful for?" out loud.  I went first:


Me:  I am thankful for my wonderful family, my two sweet boys and daddy.  What are you thankful for, Max?
Little Max:  Oatmeal


Or last night, we were playing after dinner and Little Max was playing with his flashlight.  All of a sudden, he stopped what he was doing and took a good long sniff of his flashlight.  "Mom, this SMELLS!" he exclaimed.  "What does it smell like?" I inquired.  "A FLASHLIGHT, silly!" he replied.


Or maybe it was the time when he asked me why I was sick after I finished coughing.  I told him that I didn't know, I had just gotten sick.  So he told me "Mom, you are sick because you ate a shirt."  Umm..OK. (Maybe it was the Land's End catalog I was paging through at the time that inspired this comment...one will NEVER know).


One thing is for sure, 3 years old is a magical age.  Magical for SO many reasons.  The temper tantrums that come completely out of nowhere, out of something so insignificant...like trying to help someone put on their pair of pants, or getting out the blue spoon instead of the green spoon.  It sure keeps me on my toes, that is for sure!  But, despite the 'terribleness' of being three, it has also been a special age of lots of hugs, kisses, snuggles, spishes (a raspberryesque kish) or smooshes (a smooshy kiss).  Whenever Max is overcome with emotions at something that is happening, he will turn to whomever is closest him and exclaim "I LOVE you, xxx.  I love you SO MUCH."  He has also proclaimed his love for several inanimate objects, such as his flashlight, his fork, his napkin...you get the picture.  I'd laugh at him for being silly, but he is being 100% sincere.  Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I'm hoping he's like that because we've taught him to be a loving little boy who isn't afraid to show his emotions, or share his love.


I really can't complain about ANYTHING in my life. I have two wonderful boys, a loving husband, and a wonderful support system of friends and extended family. I am a lucky LUCKY woman.

No comments: