Seriously...a dip made out of carrots -- a dip that not only TASTES good, but is GOOD FOR YOU?? Bring it ON!
|Photo from Taste of Home:(recipe not the same as below)|
Snappy Carrot Dip
· 2 pounds of carrots – cut into 3 inch lengths (or use baby carrots and skip peeling & chopping)
· ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
· ¼ cup red wine vinegar
· 3 garlic cloves – minced
· 1 ¼ teaspoons chili paste (like Sriracha)
· 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
· ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Transfer carrots to a food processor. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, cumin and ginger and process to a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (You may have to process in batches).
3. Serve with crackers, chips, cheese and olives.
Seriously -- go try this NOW.
**thanks to my co-worker Kerry for sharing this recipe**