Friday, February 24, 2012

Foodie Friday: Coconut Milk Dal (Coconut Lentil Stew)



This week, I was craving something coconuty...and something hearty - so I googled "coconut soup" and found this recipe at Oh Taste N See and thought I'd give it a try...

Now, my picture looks NOTHING as beautiful as the one on their website -- I'm not quite sure how they got that beautiful color to the stew unless it was because of the red lentils they used (I could only find regular lentils at my grocery store); but let me assure you, the taste was DELICIOUS.  I wholeheartedly recommend trying this out!

Coconut Milk Dal (Coconut Lentil Stew)
amended from Oh Taste N See

Ingredients:
1 cup lentils
1 can coconut milk (I used Lite)
1/4 cup cream of coconut (I had this left over in the fridge and figured it couldn't hurt)
1 TBSP curry paste
1 medium onion, chopped
3 carrot, diced

15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 cups broth (or you could just use water)

Directions:
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes. (I simmered mine a bit longer because I got distracted on the phone and it just was a thicker consistency, which I actually preferred).  You could always add more/additional veggies if you so desired. 

I mixed in 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and served mine over jasmine rice. 

Verdict = DELICIOUS.

No comments: