Monday, February 27, 2012

40 bags in 40 days: Week One

How are YOU doing on our 40 bags in 40 days Lenten Challenge?

So far, this is what we've accumulated:


3 boxes and one bag -- I am sorting the purging as I am going so in this picture we have 1 bag of trash, 1 box for goodwill and 2 boxes for an upcoming rummage sale my friend will be having this spring.  I'm happy with what we've come up with so far. All of this came from the boys' playroom.  I had Little Max pick 5 toys to give to other kids without toys.  At first, this was a really hard concept for him to understand, but then he picked out some of his nicer toys (that I was even reluctant to part with) and we went on our merry way.  :)

I also tackled the basement this weekend and did a bunch of organizing and have another two LARGE boxes to add to this mix.  But, I didn't take a picture of them so I'll probablly add them to next week's haul once I get them up the basement stairs.  There is still A LOT more to go through down there, so I am confident I can get a few more bags/boxes out of the basement.  Next week I am going to focus on CLOSETS.  Actually looking forward to that!  :)

No comments: