Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness....Day 1

Just what I need to commit to, right?  Another "xx days" of something...especially when I am so far behind on my photo a day project.  I WILL get caught up -- and I promise that will be something to be thankful for -- FOR SURE!

But this is a little something different.  With Thanksgiving at the end of the month, November is a month to be

THANKFUL.  

So with that in mind, I am going to try to post once a day for the entire month with either  a picture, a quote, or even just a little bit of writing to say what I am thankful for.  If nothing else, it will keep me mindful on how many WONDERFUL things I have in my life -- there are a lot...but sometimes I get caught up on the stuff I DON'T have in my life and that clouds up all the things I should be thankful for.

Time to refocus.

So today, on Day 1 of the Thankfulness Project, am I thankful for:



...two wonderful boys who delight in the joys of the holidays and get so genuinely excited over the smallest things.  For little Max and his unwavering desire to be 'Mr. Incredible' this year -- he wore his costume the ENTIRE DAY at school (how he went to the bathroom is beyond me); he also INSISTED that I dress up -- so I did to his delight.  For Sam and his indecisiveness on what to be -- first a pirate, then a puppy, then a puppy-pirate, and finally a lion (he's ROARING in this photo).  Add to that a plastic pumpkin basket (thank you Target) and you've got yourself some trick o treaters!  Thank goodness for our Step 2 wagon also -- this thing is always a godsend when we go trick or treating (or the zoo, or the park, etc.)  

Little Max gave T-O-T'ing his all and hit EVERY house in a 0.5 mile loop.  His energy was unwavering as he ran from house to house.  His little cheeks were flushed red and his eyes were sparkling with excitement after EVERY house.  When Sam and Nina got too tired to continue and sat in the wagon resting, he started asking for extras to give to his 'friend and wittle bwother".  After every house he would run back to me so excited saying "Look, Mom!  Look what I GOT!"  And every time I would answer with feigned excitement "What did you get!?  Show me!" Because as annoying as it got after the bazillionth time, I didn't want to do anything to rain on his happy parade.  He was IN HIS ELEMENT.

Love these boys.  So blessed to have them in my life.  I am thankful for the smiles they bring me (even amidst the grimacing)...they make my days!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

And they love you! You are an amazing mom and have definitely raised the bar for others! I am so lucky to be a part of your journey down this path!

Love you!