Friday, May 15, 2009

Crafty McCrafterton Part Duex

I promised you pictures of the gift that I sent to my secret swappie partner, so without further adieu, I present to you my attempt to be crafty for my swappie partner and awesome momma of 2 under 2.....MELODY!!


Photobucket


Do you see how effective the "Fragile" stamp was? I mean...the gift only had to go from WI to IL...oh Post Office....


Photobucket


The goods with fun tissue paper...


Photobucket


Oh look...there are the presents!!


Photobucket


Homemade granola and the recipe. I always make "GORP" for our canoe trips to the BWCAW, and I am always looking for new tasty recipes to try. This was the first time I made this recipe, and I think it turned out pretty darn good!!


Photobucket


Button Clock! Mel thought this will go perfect in the bold colored bathroom for the kids. I think this was so fun to make that I might have to make one for myself!!


Photobucket


I used Blurb to make this cookbook of all the recipes the group has posted on our message forum. It took a LONG time to make, but there are a lot of good recipes in here! I snickered to myself every time Melody would ask someone where 'such and such' recipe was...thinking....in a matter of weeks she would have them all at their fingertips. The other nice thing about Blurb is that you can even 'sell' the books -- others who like what you created can purchase them directly from there. I have to give credit to Emily for turning me on to Blurb in the first place, and also for letting me use her AWESOME Emily Original pictures for the cover and chapter pages!!


Photobucket


For Mel's daughter, Ms. N -- she is going to have a bird theme in her room.


Photobucket


Did I mention that it is a YELLOW bird theme!?!?


Photobucket


For Mr. B -- who has a brown and blue theme in his room.


Photobucket


I like to make these fleecy taggie blankies -- they are easy and very practical. Plus, other mommies have told me that they hold secret magical sleeping powers.....


So, there you have it! I have to say that I start out hemming and hawing over what to make, and then I end up having a LOT of fun making stuff. It is just the process of getting the creative juices flowing in the first place, I suppose.


PS -- thanks Mel for being such a fun person to 'stalk'. You were a lot of fun to craft for!!!

1 comment:

mel said...

Yeah, you're cool, Stef. I mean, I always knew it, but now I KNOW it, you know? ;)
I'm so happy to know you on this other level. I think it is only the beginning of some good times.
Thanks for the great swag - the granola is wonderful and I'm counting on the magical sleeping powers of the blankie!!!