Thursday, May 19, 2011

Meet Me in St. Louis....part 2

So, after our leisurely morning at the hotel, we packed the kids up in the car and drove about 2 miles to the Soulard Farmer's Market.

This was one of my only 'to-dos' on my list that I was adamant about doing.  I am so glad that we did.  We didn't buy anything (except for some donuts...mmmm), but it was so much fun to walk around, look at all the delicious, fresh produce (and CHEAP) and imagine all the delicious and FRESH meals I could make.  Seriously, if you live in St. Louis, I am not sure WHY you wouldn't SHOP HERE.  The produce was so inexpensive!!  And so delicious and FRESH!!


Just inside the market -- there were two long houses and this was in the center.


The view down one of the long houses -- they were covered  but still somewhat open to the elements.  Just LOOK at all that fresh goodness!!


Little Max, my little vegetable eater, was having such a fun time walking around and identifying all the different types of fruits and vegetables he saw.  I always laugh when he points out the pineapple -- he calls it a pineapple in one breath and then in the next he calls it "Spongebob's House".  LOL


I think there were only two cheese booths there.  Max stopped at both.  This one dealt with goat cheese, and they had samples.  It was DELICIOUS.  We bought some (of course) and then Max took a picture of the cheese.  Gotta love my dorky dude.  :)


Emily and company met us here...it was my FIRST time meeting Lucy -- born in April 2011 -- and her second time meeting Sam (she did his newborn photo shoot LAST April).  We met through BabyCenter when Max (and her Noah) were born -- they are both November 2007 babies -- even better...they share the SAME birthday!


I have a way with babies...I mean, just look here...Lucy is so friendly with me already that she is sticking out her tongue!


Sam hung out for most of the adventure in the Beco.  I still love that thing.  I love it more and more each time I use it. 


Emily and Joe suggested we get some mini donuts (they've been here before, as you might have guessed).  You could watch them making the mini donuts.  Little Max got a kick out of that...


And then we got a photo (reluctantly on little Max's part) of the birthday buddies together.  Man, I can't believe how grown up they are looking!!



It was SO wonderful to see Emily and company.  I love that girl!!  I was so excited to be in HER city and spending time with HER beautiful family! 

Next up...the ARCH!

2 comments:

Nasrene said...

Love it!! Looks like you ladies had a wonderful day together!

Laura Palid said...

You have inspired me to visit the market on Saturday. Another Rainy weekend in St. Louis :(