Friday, June 3, 2011

Phone Dump (March - April 2011)

It has been awhile since I unloaded the phone...enjoy!!


We had a few 'warmer' days in March where we could load up the boys and take a short walk down the street to the neighborhood playground...

Meet Janice, the ball python.  Little Max got to meet Janice for his Snakes Zoo Class.  He was a little apprehensive about the snake, but very curious.  In fact, I got asked a LOT of questions about Janice in the weeks following zoo class.  Does Janice like milk?  Does Janice sleep in a bed?

Big Max turned 36 (yes, the 6 above is really an upside down 9...) this year.  His one request was a French Silk pie...so I decided to make a homemade one.  It was NOT as difficult as I had expected, but MAN was it DELICIOUS!  YUMMY!

We continue our tradition of 'pancake Sunday' in our house.  I try to come up with a different recipe every once in awhile to keep everyone on their toes.  For the longest time I thought it was so weird that little Max would always ask me "Is it Sunday, mom?" Or, he would tell me "I love Sunday, mom."  Well, duh!  Wouldn't YOU love pancake Sunday too?  

I treated myself to a day off and a haircut and a facial in April. (I'd never had a facial before and it was AWESOME).  GO get one, seriously!!

Sam continues to be a great eater -- he tries everything!  He is also getting insistent that he must use a fork and spoon and have his food served to him on a plate like everyone else.  He just wants to be like everyone else!

Lil Max continues to love on 'blue' the beloved blankie....

Check out my rack!  :)

Goofing around with a balloon...I'll have to explain the logistics of this one later... 

But I have to laugh because later this night after bathtime, little Max asked me if he could 'have a baby sister'.  I didn't know exactly how to answer that (um, so would I? LOL) so instead I asked him what he would name his baby sister.  He thought for a few seconds and then turned to me with a devlish grin, "Cat Nap Pants!"  He was so proud of himself...

Sam also continues to be a joyful, happy and mellow (but determined) child.

We went to the Betty Brinn museum mid-month with some of my coworkers...

Pancake sunday again!  These were supposed to be cinnamon swirl pancakes, but we decided to make them a little more fun (because it was Easter) and draw designs...

Easter tulips....my favorite!

Playing at the neighborhood playground again.

You know Mason had a good and tiring day when you find him sleeping like this.  :)

2 comments:

mel said...

I love these glimpses into your daily life. And you ROCK the self-portrait. I'll go get a facial if I can look like you when I'm finished!

Anna said...

Agreed Mel! I also enjoy the food pictures. Yum.